Fredric Effects is owned by the two guitarists of London alt rock band The Sailplanes, and focus on naught but recreating vintage boutique effects at a highly affordable price, while ensuring the most supreme of build qualities that last the test of time!
Boasting Alpha footswitches and pots on each pedal for superior longevity, custom made PCB enclosures, Cliff jack sockets and finished with original design prints and a professional powder coating to provide the most lasting finish possible, every aspect of the pedal is crafted with care and passion.
The Deeply Unpleasant Companion is a fantastic option on any bassists pedalboard, providing the ability to dial in just the right level of classic vintage fuzz by means of a blend control for wet/dry signal tailoring, plus the Tone and Level controls to tweak the voice and set your output. Designed with feedback from their customers, Fredric Effects have also modified the original Shin Ei FY-2 circuit to preserve more low end frequencies, added a buffer to enhance the clarity of the fuzz while maintaining its distinctive character, and appointed a volume boost circuit to avoid some volume drop issues that the original FY-2 circuit had.
With a stand-out aesthetic, comfortable pedalboard footprint, legendary sound and extreme durability, the Deeply Unpleasant Companion ticks a lot of boxes for bassists, however the pedal does sound excellent with electric guitar (and other effects) too!
- Boutique style FY-2 Bass Fuzz pedal with buffer and volume boost circuitry
- Undeniably heavy hitting fuzz sound with a lot of versatility
- Tough PCB construction custom made housing, size comparable to MXR pedals
- Long lasting professional powder finish
- High quality components: Cliff jacks, Alpha footswitch and pots
- Handmade individually or in small batches in London, UK