Welcome to the BOSS MD-500, the premium modulation machine! This 500 series innovation is a songwriters dream with seemily endless verstaility, offering almost any type of Modulation imaginable and more delivered with pro studio sound quality and housed in a compact road roady chassis.
With the MD500 users instantly have access to 12 modes and up to 28 mod effects types, each of which have been newly created for this pedal. With so many high performance algorithms you are left with a creative, sonic palette like no other. Unleash chorus, vibrato, flanger, phaser, tremolo, rotary, classic vibe and ring mod effects as well as unique Auto wah and touch wah effects. BOSS have end taken the time to include some of their exclusive favourites such as tones from the Slicer and Overtone pedals alongside classic Roland rack mount effects from the 1980s like the Dimension D.
Advanced BOSS Prime algorithms are fuelled by ultra-fast, high-powered DSP technology to turbocharge and enhance every nuance of timeless favourite effects like Chrous, Flanger, Phasers and take them into new unexplored tonal territory once thought inaccessible from a small pedal unit.
The quality of the BOSS MD-500's sound is unrivalled. Going above and beyond the call of audio duty BOSS have achieved 32 bit floating point AD/DA, making this 500 series Modulation far superior to the industry standard pedal based effects. This pristine sonic performance matches that of the audio found in professional studios. As if this isn't enough, BOSS then give the player total control thanks to a flexible mode means their analogue dry tone passes straight through the unit unaltered while also offering them a choice of both true-bypass or buffered-bypass operation.
With all these tonal options and features you would be forgiven by thinking this unit is difficult to master. However, with the large LCD screen for clearly displaying patch information, easy access grab-and-go panel knobs for adjusting parameters, and a USB slot to access the MD-500 Editor/Librarian on your computer, it is clear that like previous 500 series models BOSS have made sure that the interface is intuitive and straightforward to get to grips with...no matter what your experience!
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes and 28 modulation types, all with deep editing parameters
- Classic mod effects and BOSS originals, newly enhanced with cutting-edge technology
- A/B Simul mode for using two patches at once, with your choice of series/parallel connection and mixed or split A/B output
- Insert Loop function allows you to use mod effects before, after, or around drive pedals
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options
- 297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the MD-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW (to be available in early July 2017)
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter