Fender American Original 50s P Bass
Fender's Precision Bass Guitar is a hugely influential instrument in musical history! Way back in 1951 when the upright double bass still reigned, Leo Fender took to the drawing board and re-imagined the concept of bass with his accessible and inspiring electrified P Bass Guitar.
This Fender American Original 50s P Bass is designed to emulate that iconic spec that helped kick start a revolutionary change in popular music. This model is finished in the original, iconic White Blonde nitro laquer finish and comes fitted with a thick C shape Maple neck as this is exactly what the first incarnation of these basses would have had.
All the charming appointments that build a true 50s era P bass are in place too. For this model Fender use a double cutaway, lightweight Ash body with a gold anodized aluminum pickguard, which is a feature typical of this decade. Also in place and responsible for the typical P bass performance are a set of 'Pure Vintage' reverse wind open-gear tuners, knurled dome control knobs and a 4-saddle vintage style bridge with threaded steel saddles.
The P Bass pickup is still as highly regarded today as ever and with this model Fender take things back to it's beginnings. The period correct Pure Vintage 58 P Bass split-coil pickup uses the same enamelcoated coil wire, cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. These critical components and techniques all come together to deliver that unmistakable powerful, punchy tone.
- American Original
- Ash body
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish - White Blonde
- Thick C profile Maple neck with Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Maple, 9.5 (241 mm)
- 20 Vintage Tall frets
- Black Dot position inlays
- 1.73 (44 mm) bone nut
- Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear tuning machine heads
- 34 (864 mm) scale length
- 4-Saddle Vintage Style bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Gold Anodized Aluminum pickguard
- Pure Vintage 58 Split Single-Coil pickups
- Master Volume, Master Tone knurled dome control knobs
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- Vintage Tweed hardshell case