Fender American Original 60s Jazzmaster
This Fender American Original 60s Jazzmaster aims to capture the true specification and design of the first Jazzmasters to join the innovative, growing Fender line up in the 1960s, but with the added benefit of modern playability. Being an 'Original' model this guitar comes in a lacquer finish, helping the pores of the wood to breathe more naturally and elegant ageing process over time.
Initially developed and intended as an elegant and sophisticated 'Jazz' guitar aimed primarily at Jazz musicians, the Fender Jazzmaster has ended up carving it's own path on it's route to becoming the modern day icon we know today. While Jazz artists turned up their noses to it's unique sound and off-set looks the Jazzmaster would go on to become a favourite of American surf artists, punk rockers, indie rock heroes and more.
This vintage inspired example is built using an Alder body and a Mid 60s C shape Maple neck for seamless chording and a comfortable slick feel. This is then joined to a beautiful Rosewood fingerboard loaded with 21 vintage tall frets and decorated with pearloid dot position inlays.
The versatility and natural rebellious growl of Jazzmasters gone by is perfect executed by a set of wax-potted Pure Vintage 65 Jazzmaster single-coil pickups complete with that distinctive lead/rhythm Jazzmaster circuit. Fitted in the neck and bridge positions, this pairing are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The pickups pole pieces are also flush-mounted just like the authentic vintage originals!
Classic appointments and accessories are also included as standard with this old school model. Fitted to this USA American Original edition is the vintage style tuners, a bone nut, a vintage style bridge with floating tremolo, lock button and push-in arm.
- American Original
- Alder Body
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish - 3 Tone Sunburst
- Mid 60s C shape maple neck
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish
- Round-Laminated Rosewood 9.5 radius fingerboard
- 21 Vintage Tall frets
- Pearloid Dot position inlays
- 1.650 (42 mm) bone nut
- Pure Vintage Single Line Fender Deluxe machine heads
- 25.5 (648 mm) scale length
- Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo bridge with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- 4-Ply Brown Shell pickguard
- Pure Vintage 65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster (Bridge/Neck)
- 3-Position pickup toggle switch
- Lead Circuit with volume, tone controls
- Rhythm Circuit with volume, tone controls
- Aged White Witch Hat knobs
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- Deluxe Brown Hardshell (Gold Interior)