Fender American Original 60s Tele
The Fender American Original 60s Tele is a true to original spec model that pays homage to the iconic 1960s Telecaster guitar but with a more modern, fast-playing feel and pickup switching.
Robust, simple and stylish with a charming tone - there is a reason why the Tele quickly established itself as one of the most versatile and popular guitars of all time!
This edition of the American Original range is based on a 60s Telecaster Custom so therefore features an elegant double bound Alder body, a 3-ply pickguard and a nitro lacquer finish that allows the wood of the instrument to breathe naturally for an improved resonant tone, it will also wear in a distinctively appealing way over time.
A mid 60s 'C' shape Maple neck fills out the fretting hand gracefully for smoother playing feel, while a Rosewood fingeboard is an appointment that has been favoured by many artists for decades after it was originally an all new change for the 60s models.
In this particular Tele you have genuine Pure Vintage 64 single-coil Telecaster pickups. This set are as period-correct as possible and feature enamel-coated coil wire, cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and powerful alnico 5 magnets. Another key feature with these single coils is it's staggered pole pieces, which promote a more balanced volume between the strings, and the copper shielding plate which adds some extra magic and spank to the sound.
Other authentic touches that mean this guitar provides the full 60s experience from everything like the looks down to the feel. These important touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radius, vintage style three steel saddles bridge, vintage-style tuners and even an included hardshell case.
A timeless instrument that is still well and truly fit for any application from the studio to the world stage.
- American Original
- Double Bound Alder Body
- Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish - 3 Tone Sunburst
- Maple 60s C Neck finished in Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Round-Laminated Rosewood 9.5 (241 mm)
- 21 Vintage Tall frets
- Pearloid Dots position inlays
- 1.650 (42 mm) bone nut
- Pure Vintage Single Line Fender Deluxe tuning machine heads
- 25.5 scale length
- 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele bridge with Barrel Steel Saddles
- 3-Ply Eggshell pickguard
- Pure Vintage 64 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Tele pickups (Bridge/Neck)
- 3-Position pickup selector blade
- Master Volume, Master Tone Knurled Flat-Top Control Knobs
- Nickel/Chrome hardware
- Deluxe Black Hardshell case with black interior