Fender American Original '70s Telecaster Custom
The Fender American Original '70s Telecaster Custom harks back to the popular sound of the '70s, when guitarists were moving towards fatter tones, a trend made apparent by the popularity of humbucker pickups and overdriven amps. Fender addressed this interest by developing their own take on the style, in collaboration with pickup designer Seth Lover, resulting in the iconic Wide Range CuNiFe magnet pickup.
The unique tone of this pickup is achieved with a combination of large bobbins and threaded CuNiFe rod magnets, delivering a brilliant top end that others couldn't match. Now in 2020, authentic CuNiFe pickups are back for the first time since production ceased in 1979!
The Fender American Original 70s Telecaster Custom features an authentic CuNiFe pickup in its neck position, with a finely calibrated vintage-style single coil in the bridge. Each pickup has independent tone and volume controls, and switching is made possible with a 3-way toggle.
Featuring an Alder body married to a Maple neck, the Fender American Original 70s Telecaster Custom ticks all the boxes for frequency response and tonal versatility. '70s flair is presented in abundance, with an original era body radii, F logo tuners, a bullet truss rod adjust, vintage-style hardware and a breathable but resonant Gloss lacquer finish. For extra peace of mind, Fender include a vintage-style hardshell case to keep your guitar looking beautiful.
Whether you're a fan of nostalgia, or simply enjoy discovering unique guitar voices, the Fender American Original 70s Telecaster Custom is well worth checking out!
- American Original series (USA made)
- Alder body with Gloss lacquer finish
- Maple neck with vintage-tint Gloss Nitrocellulose lacquer
- 9.5" radius fingerboard
- 21 Vintage-Tall frets
- 42mm bone nut
- Traditional 25.5" scale
- Neck pickup: Tim Shaw authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range humbucker
- Bridge pickup: Vintage-style '70s single-coil Tele
- 3-way pickup selector
- Independent volume and tone controls for each pickup
- Black/White/Black 3-ply pickguard
- Black or white dot inlays (Rosewood/Maple dependant)
- Bullet style truss adjust
- Vintage hardware
- Fender vintage 'F' stamped tuners
- Black skirted plastic control knobs
- 3-saddle vintage-style Tele bridge with slotted steel saddles
- Vintage-style hardshell case included.