The MXR M281 Thump Bass Preamp is an innovation on the original MXR Echoplex pedal, where the team discovered the Echoplex preamp paired just as sweetly with bass as it does with guitar.
With this as a foundation, the engineers at MXR developed a powerful interface for tone control, enabling the user to find their perfect bass sound, whether for stage use or studio. Featuring Treble and Bass boost/cut controls plus a powerful Mid range control with frequency knob, you can balance your tone however desired to find the ultimate sweet spot without a complicated EQ section.
Whether you're looking to boost your sound to cut through a live mix, add some punch to a solo or to simply sculpt your perfect bass sound, the MXR M281 Thump Bass Preamp delivers all this and more, all from within an MXR mini sized enclosure.
- Powerful tone shaping versatility
- MXR mini housing, opens up lots of space on your pedal board
- Based on the hugely successful Echoplex Preamp circuit
- Three-band boost/cut EQ with mid-frequency control
- Applications include beefing up your signal for a live mix, enhancing a solo, adding some aggression to a passive bass tone, or simply dialling in your ideal bass sound