Shergold Masquerader SM04-SD Electric Guitar HH - Thru Black
The Shergold Masquerader SM04-SD, is a welcome addition to the Shergold range. Desgined by British luthier legend Patrick James Eggle, it hosts a selection of premium appointments and a ready to rock HH pickup configuration.
Established over 40 years, Shergold guitars were originally seen in the hands of players from top bands including New Order, Joy Division and Genesis. Now firmly back, Shergold guitars have been treated to a modern (although still with a retro vibe!) makeover by Mr.Patrick James Eggle himself.
This Shergold SM04SD Masquerader model features a solid mahogany body that is attached to a bolt-on, satin finished, mahogany neck. The hand burnished neck is super smooth, allowing you to zip up and down the neck without any of that gloss finish tackiness with many players dislike. The neck is topped with an ebony fingerboard that is adorned with unique hand-inlaid Aluminium line inlays, which are also mimicked on the top side of the neck too.
Loaded with a HH pickup configuration, the SM04SD is sure to appeal to rock players. It hosts a Seymour Duncan ‘59 Humbucker at the neck and TB4 Humbucker at the bridge, a configuration that delivers a hot, powerful and super resonant tone.
These latest Shergold guitars deliver superb value for money, with premium appointments, an ultra-cool re-design, supreme build quality and a feel that far surpasses its affordable price point.
All Shergold guitars come set-up prior to dispatch by a top team of guitar techs at Patrick James Eggles UK site.
- Solid mahogany body
- Seymour Duncan ‘59 Humbuckerneck pickup
- Seymour Duncan TB-4 humbucker bridge pickup
- 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone (push/pull coil split), 5 position switch
- High gloss lacquer
- Bolt on mahogany neck - hand burnished
- Enamel Shergold Sheild on the headstock
- Ebony fingerboard
- Hand-inlaid Aluminium line fingerboard inlays
- Hand-inlaid Aluminium lines side position inlays
- Graphtec Black Tusq nut
- 42.5mm nut width
- PJE design Shergold Custom T bridge
- Compensated Brass saddles
- Chrome Staggered Height, Locking tuners with black buttons