Boss Katana 100 Guitar Combo
:ast One Ever!!
The BOSS Katana 100 Guitar Combo is a 100w, 1x12" amp that comes packed with an array of great features including 5 unique amp characters, a range of expandable effects and a handy switchable power control - allowing you to take it from 100w to 50 to 0.5w - making it a great amp for home, rehearsal or stage!
Guitarists will love the exceptional tone and touch response of the Katana 100. Loaded with a custom 12" speaker that is driven by a unique method, taken from the flagship Waza amp, that optimizes the speaker and cabinet character, you are treated to superb punch and presence, only normally found in high end amps.
Able to deliver 100 watts of stage ready power the Katana 100 can also be switched to to more manageable levels - 50 watts and 0.5 watts - with the handy power control switch, great for a range of environments.
As for tonal versatility, five unique amp character feature; Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars). Clean brings natural and transparent tones, Crunch gives added grit, Lead will take you from blues solos to searing rock leads, Brown is derived from the Waza amp, great for high-gain tone and finally Acoustic is optimized for electro acoustic guitars.
For lovers of effects, there is plenty on hand to play with. Connecting the Katana 100 to the BOSS Tone Studio (via USB), and you access to 55 customizable effects (58 when running the version 2 software update), with everything from drives, delays, reverbs to more outlandish tone-shapers like ring mods, slicers and pitch shifting. Up to 15 different effects can be configured in the amp at one time, enabling you to bring fully prepared tones to the stage in one amp.
As much as there is great depth to this amp, the simple control set will allow you to set some great tones. Dedicated knobs for amp type, gain and volume alongside the three-band EQ and effects section allow you to quickly dial in your tone. Memories can also be stored with a brief button hold.
With its proprietary circuit designs, breakthough functions, tonal and power versatility...and all important affordability, the BOSS Katana 100 is a superb amp choice for any guitarist!
The already impressive capabilities of the Katana just got even better too thanks to the latest version 2 firmware update from BOSS. This update takes the Katana to the next level with more effects types, doubled onboard effects capacity, twice the number of Tone Setting memories, enhanced direct output options and more. Players will even benefit from 'Cabinet Resonance' and 'Air Feel' functions derived from the flagship Waza amps.
For added functionality you can use the optional Roland GAFC footswitch. This gives access for switching between the 4 amp presets in addition to turning the FX, Reverb of Loop on or off, and foot access to tap tempo too! The GAFC really expands the Katana 100 turning it into a pro gigging amp.
- Stage-ready 100-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from 55 customizable effects (58 with V2 software update) with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Store 15 different effects on board, with three effects available simultaneously
- Dedicated gain, EQ, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Presence control
- Four memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Compatible footswitch: FS-5L (Channel Select). GAF-C 6 Button foot controller. FS6 / FS-7 Channel and Bank Select). Expression pedal (Volume or Wah contol)
- 30 (W) x 248(D) x 484(H) mm
- 14.8 kg