The Epiphone 1961 Les Paul SG Standard has been developed in partnership with Gibson Custom Shop team. A recreation, and tribute, to the legendary first ever SG!
In 1961, the original shape of the Les Paul model went on hiatus, replaced by an all-new design that is known today as the SG or 'solid guitar'....and so a guitar legend was born.
The body of the guitar is a 2-piece solid mahogany affair, with those iconic double cutaways with Custom Shop Historic bevels - finished in aged gloss. The one piece mahogany neck has a comfy SlimTaper C profile neck topped with a laurel fingerboard set with 22 medium jumbo frets and Pearloid Trapezoid inlays.
Powering the guitar is a pair of Gibson BurstBucker humbucking pickups wired to CTS potentiometers and Mallory capacitors.
Ohter appointments include a Graph Tech nut, and Switchcraft output jack and toggle switch, and Epiphone Deluxe tuners with historically inspired double ring design.
The guitar comes complete with a vintage style hardshell case.
- SG body style
- Aged gloss finish
- Solid mahogany body
- SlimTaper mahogany C neck profile
- Laurel fingerbaord
- 22 medium jumbo frets
- Pearloid Trapezoid inlays
- Graph tech nut
- Gibson BurstBucker 2 neck pickup
- Gibson BurstBucker 2 bridge pickup
- 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS potentiometers, Mallory Capacitor
- Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge
- Epiphone LockTone Stop Bar
- Vintage Style Hardshell Case