The Roland EC-10 Hybrid Cajon is a unique and versatile take on the classic percussion instrument. It allows the player to layer and enhance the classic tones of a cajon with a range of electronic sounds.
The EC-10 is an authentic cajon, and therefore can be used as one...just a straight up classic percussion instrument, but thanks to addition of Roland's electronic percussion technology you can also blend a range of complimentary sounds in addition to the natural cajon voice. The additional tones range from traditional shaker, tambourine and snare tones to sound effects and electronic drum sounds and more!†Studio-optimized cajon sounds are also on hand to enhance the acoustic cajon voice for more depth, dimension, and punch.
In additioan, an integrated amp and coaxial speaker provide high-quality sound for keeping up with acoustic guitar amps and other instruments, making it great for low volume jam sessions.†
The rear of the unit features a dedicated output (of the electronic generated sounds only) with a volume control, a trigger balance control, a Mix In allowing you to amplify†your MP3's plus the battery compartment for complete amplified portability†- great for busking!
- Unique hybrid instrument combining an authentic acoustic cajon with Rolandís electronic percussion technology
- Standard cajon size (50 x 30 x 30 cm), with quality playing surface made of sapele wood
- 30 built-in electronic kits for layering with acoustic cajon sounds
- Each kit includes two independent sounds that can be triggered from the head and edge of the playing surface
- Versatile selection of acoustic and electronic percussion sounds to support a wide range of music styles
- Also includes studio-optimized cajon sounds to enhance the instrumentís acoustic sound, providing additional depth and punch while performing
- Intuitive panel controls for kit selection, level control, head/edge balance, and more
- Integrated amplifier and coaxial speaker
- Up to 12 hours of continuous playing time with six AA-size batteries