Terms and Conditions
1. Post, Packing and Availability
We offer free delivery on UK orders over £149 as well as on many smaller, cheaper items too. If there are any delivery charges, they will be shown in your shopping basket. We also offer various types and speeds of delivery dependant on your location.
Our product avaiability is shown next to each product. Stock levels are updated every 5 minutes.
2. Refunds and Returns
Returning Damaged Goods
In the unlikely event that you receive your goods in damaged or faulty condition you are entitled to a full refund or replacement at no extra cost (this does not affect your statutory rights). If your goods have been damaged in transit or are not of satisfactory quality on arrival then please notify us within three working days.
If the above occurs please
1. contact us immediately by clicking here stating the product(s), the problem and your order number and await instruction
2. Please keep all original packaging & receipts.
Returning Non-Faulty Goods
We cannot guarantee the suitability of a product for a particular purpose. Any and all information regarding the products documented on this site is intended as a guide only. GigGear can accept no liability for damages of any sort resulting from the use of any information or product obtained from GigGear.co.uk or sister sites.
For online orders, the consumer has the right to a 14 day "cooling off" period. This entitles the consumer to the right to cancel their order within 14 days without giving a reason and receive a full refund.
In such cases we must be contacted within seven days (starting from the day of receipt of the goods) via email.
The "cooling off" period does not apply to perishable goods, items which require hygiene control, or products which are unsealed, used or damaged by the customer or products which have been ordered specially or customised for the customer. You may be able to return gods which have been opened or unsealed but only with our consent and with an agreed restocking fee for applicable goods.
The customer will be liable for all transport costs and any returned product must be returned with its original packaging and in an "as new" condition.
If Goods Become Defective
If goods become defective under warrantee, GigGear will remedy the problem by either repair, or if necessary, replacement of the goods within a reasonable period of time.
If goods become defective within fourteen days of receipt, and under warrantee conditions, GigGear will either collect the goods from the original delivery address (UK Mainland only) or refund reasonable and agreed costs incurred by the customer in the return carriage of the goods (UK Mainland only).
If goods become defective after fourteen days of receipt, it is the customers responsibility for the return and all shipping costs of the faulty goods.
GigGear will not accept warranty claims via a third party.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all items are sufficiently packaged before return.
We hope that our website and service exceeds your expectations. If you have complaints, issues or questions please let us know by emailing us or giving us a call on 01279 432900.
We aim to answer all emails within the same business day.
4. Pricing and Price Match
The majority of our prices are the same instore as online.
Every effort is made to ensure that all pricing on our web site is accurate. If a pricing error is discovered we will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
We check thousands of prices every week and do our best to offer highly competitive prices to all our customers. If we are more expensive than one of our competitors we want to know about it! Please fill in the form below and we'll do our best to match or even beat the price!
5. Ordering and Payment
1) All orders made by you through the web site are subject to acceptance by us. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in such circumstances.
2) After submitting an order to us you will be sent an order acknowledgement email with your order number and details of the goods that you have ordered. Note that this email is an acknowledgement and is not an acceptance of your order.
3) Acceptance of your order and the formation of a contract between us will only take place when the goods are billed for and dispatched. Please note that for orders containing multiple items, each item must be billed for and dispatched for the order of that item to be accepted.
5.2 Our Payment System
When an order is made, the details of your credit/debit card are checked against the information you supplied. A check of available funds is then made followed by an allocation of those funds.
5.3 Part Shipping
It may on occasion be necessary to ship an order in part. We will do our utmost to contact you via email or telephone before we do so.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (or WEEE) Regulations are now U.K. law. All European member States including the U.K. have agreed to reduce the amount of WEEE that is being disposed of in landfill sites.
It is important that the amount of WEEE sent to landfill sites is reduced because:
1) Some WEEE can be re-used or recycled. The amount of landfill space available in the UK is decreasing. If we can keep WEEE out of landfill sites it means there is more landfill space available for non-recyclable waste.
2) WEEE can contain hazardous substances. When left in landfill sites the hazardous substances in WEEE can pollute soil and contaminate water supplies. This contamination can damage human health and the environment.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (or EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
GigGear Ltd are “doing our bit” under these regulations by offering our customers free in-store take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product.
For example, if a customer bought a new guitar amplifier from us we would accept their old guitar amplifier and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, please contact us.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste.