With its all tube preamp and power amp, the Peavey 6505 MH Mini Head authentically produces the much loved tones of the legendary Peavey 6505 in a small, portable package.
The Peavey 6505 MH has two channels that follow the same gain structure and voicing of its big brother! The channels share EQ, lush reverb and an effects loop.
Channels, crunch, effects loop and reverb are all footswitchable. T.S.I.™ tube monitoring constantly lets you know that your power tubes are in good shape, and if not, which ones need to be replaced.
The back panel of the 6505 MH is full of modern technology, including Peavey's exclusive MSDI output, USB recording output, headphone output, speaker defeat switch, and built-in power attenuator!
- 2x EL84 power tubes and 3x12AX7/ECC83 preamp tubes
- Two footswitchable channels with 3-band EQ
- Footswitchable crunch on Rhythm channel
- Footswitchable reverb
- Footswitchable buffered effects loop
- Tube Status indication (T.S.I.™) circuit
- Impedance switch for 16 or 8ohm cabinets
- MSDI™ Output with XLR and ground lift switch
- USB output
- Speaker defeat switch
- Headphone output
- Attenuator switch for 20 watts, 5 watts, or 1 watt output power
- Foot switch included
Having already owned the 5150 mark 1 I knew the quality I was getting with the 6505 MH. I was not disappointed when my amp arrived and hooked it up to my 2x12 Marshall cabinet. I used the effects loop for my effects pedals and away I went trying to find the right tones that I wanted. The fact that it is a mini head allowed me better control at finding the best tones. So far it's only been used in a room in my house but it sounds amazing.