The MXR Clone Looper embraces everything you'd expect from MXR, with a pedalboard friendly compact design, high quality engineering that delivers both heavy duty durability and high fidelity analogue signal, but what you may not have expected is the host of intuitive appointments and features, pushing the boundaries on what a looper should do.
The MXR Clone Looper allows for an unlimited number of layers within it's 6 minutes maximum recording time, and it will retain any stored loops when powered off. Designed to be simpler to operate than most, the pedal features a two footswitch design for easy starting and stopping of your loops, in addition to providing mode change and undo functions. The pedal face is uncluttered, with just a few highly useful LEDs to indicate mode selection and state of recording, as well as the tempo of your loop, perfect for tightening up all your overdubs. The volume control provides level setting for overall output, in addition to hidden push functions: quiet loop deletion, half-time, double-time and reverse mode switching.
Boasting a sample rate of up to 88.2kHz, the MXR Clone Looper plays extremely well with others, even high gain distortion effects, and the analogue circuitry is a lovely touch for tone chasers. The pedal can also be adjusted between buffered and true bypass modes depending on what the player requires.
Connections include typical jack in/out, plus not so typical CTR and expression jack inputs. With an MXR Tap Tempo switch you can take control of the volume push functions, while the expression jack allows for an expression pedal to control volume output. Also the Tap Tempo pedal unlocks the unique Play Loop Once function when plugged into the expression jack, allowing for squeaky clean live performances and masses of dynamic control, as well as stutter effects.
The MXR Clone Looper is a loop pedal unlike any other, with some inspired features and a compact, intuitive design that makes looping easy, all in a heavy duty metal enclosure. What more could we ask for!
- Inspired design and boundary pushing functionality
- Unparalleled audio quality with analogue circuitry and 88.2kHz sample rate
- Plays well with other pedals
- Adjust between True Bypass or Buffered Bypass switching depending on your pedalboard needs
- Record unlimited overdubs and store up to 6 minutes of layers, even when pedal powered off
- Intuitive interface provides simple and speedy operation
- Quick undo function for those pesky mistake takes
- Convenient LEDs to indicate loop tempo, mode selection and more
- Volume control also has push function for quiet loop deletion, as well as double-speed, half-speed and reverse loop effects
- CTR and EXP jacks for additional pedal connections, allowing for footswitch control of volume push functions, Play Loop Once mode and volume level setting (MXR Tap Tempo footswitch sold seperately)
- Pedalboard-friendly design
- Road-ready construction
Great looper. Sound is studio grade ! Has to be top spec looper anywhere.. no bells n whistles. Ace !