Thanks to its clever design, the BOSS ES5 Effects Switching System can be the control centre of your rig, giving you control of upto 5 stompboxes, amp switching and full MIDI control...no more pedal board tap dancing!
Simply plug (up to 5) your stompboxes into the five pedal loops on the rear of the ES5 and you can control all the pedals from the one device. This makes it super easy to access a range of tones quick. For example, lets say you want some delay with a touch of compression on the clean channel for that gentle verse section, then you want to kick in that drive with some chorus...simply program your pedals/amp into the ES5 and you'll be hitting only 1 button and not 5!
The on/off state of each loop and many other parameters (pedal dependant) can be saved in a patch, allowing you to instantly change sounds without dancing around to press the switches on individual pedals.
In addition there are also two TRS control output jacks and a TRS control/expression input jack amd MIDI capability, for integrating seamlessly with MIDI-controlled stomp effects.
The BOSS ES-5 will in no way degrade your sound quality. It’s designed in a way that does not contribute to sound deterioration, keeping your tone pure and free of noise
- Programmable switching system with five loops
- Analog circuit design to protect your pure tone
- Unprecedented routing flexibility with the ability to change the routing order and create a parallel effect chain
- External control parameters such as delay time can be saved for each patch
- Buffers can be turned on/off individually for the input and output and stored in each patch; level variability for output buffer
- Highly reliable footswitches with switch-noise mute capability
- Backlit LCD display shows detailed information at a glance
- 200 patch memories provide unmatched capability for actively gigging musicians
- Completely customizable pedal function assignments
- Pro-level practicality and creativity in a compact body