Boss VE-8 Acoustic Singer - Vocal & Acoustic Guitar Effects Processor
The BOSS VE-8 Acoustic Singer is a unit dedicated to the acoustic guitar play who sings. It is a complete solution that includes a range of processing, including vocal harmonies and pitch correction, a looper and specific vocal/guitar FX.
The vocal channel on the VE-8 comes complete with a selection of options to process and tweak your vocal. There are 4 ambience effects plus an Enhance feature to add clarity and control to your vocal sound. The Chromatic Pitch function will keep your vocals in tune, with fast-time processing. Want to add a modern touch to your vocals? Why not try the hard-tuned electronic voice sounds, distortion, and radio voice tones.
Adding harmonies to your vocals is easy with the VE-8. The unit detects the chords and key played on your connected guitar, and then generates the correct harmonies, live. Hybrid and fixed harmony modes are available too, providing versatility for different performing applications. A doubling effect is also included for adding fullness and presence to a vocal performance.
The guitar channel in the VE-8 provides a wide range of sound-shaping options and performance functions. Acoustic Resonance restores the natural guitar sound, eliminating the sterile piezo “quack” that plagues undersaddle pickups used in typical plugged-in acoustics. Reverb and chorus are on hand too, plus effects like Octave, Mod Delay, and more. Useful tools for stage performing include a built-in guitar tuner, plus a phase switch and notch filter for instantly dealing with any feedback issues
Also included in the VE-8 is a specially designed looper with up to 80 seconds of recording time. The looper is always available via a dedicated footswitch, and the user can easily select the guitar, voice, or both as a looping source via panel buttons or an optional external footswitch.
Thanks to its intuitive design, the BOSS VE8 is a breeze to use and will perfectly fit into your live set-up. The three built-in footswitches allow for easy control whilst performing, plus you can use optional footswitches for more control. It can be run off batteries or on AC power.
- Compact, all-in-one preamp and effects solution for singers who play acoustic guitar
- Dial in rich, sophisticated BOSS sound processing with simple, intuitive controls
- Studio-quality vocal processing includes four types of ambience effects plus Enhance, chromatic pitch correction for live vocal tuning, and more
- Create natural vocal harmonies in real time based on guitar input or manual key settings
- Also includes a vocal doubling effect, plus more dramatic processing like hard-tuned electronic voices, distortion, and a radio voice effect
- Dedicated guitar channel includes Acoustic Resonance, reverb, chorus, tuner, and various effects, plus phase invert and notch filter for feedback control
- Looper function with 80 seconds of recording time and the ability to loop guitar and vocals independently
- Memory mode for storing and recalling 50 favorite settings
- Flexible connections for integrating with a main PA and stage monitors, plus USB for computer recording
- Runs on six AA batteries or included AC adapter