The BOSS IR-2 Amp & Cabinet Pedal packs a great selection of inspiring amps sounds and mic'd up speaker cabinets and crams them all into a BOSS stompbox sized unit! A great way to get consistent amp tones directly to a house PA, a recording setup, or when you just need to practice!
Loaded with 11 amps tones, there is plenty to experiment with, go from classic tube combos to vintage and modern stack! The amps are all paired with selected Celestion Digital IRs, making it super easy to dial in a polished sound form the get go. If you prefer you also have the choice to use IR cabs of your own - simply load them in via the dedicated app and a USB C cable. Audio quality is also top-notch, thanks to advanced DSP, 32-bit floating point processing, and a 96 kHz sampling rate.
The IR-2 is super easy to use. Simply select an amp type and tweak the sound with familiar amp-style controls: Bass. Middle, Treble, Level and Gain. Then twist the Ambience knob to add some natural spaciousness and depth if desired.
You can plug your other pedals into the IR-2s input, just like you would with an amp. If you want to go further, use the send/return loop to patch mod, delay, and reverb effects into the chain after the amp sounds. The TRS return jack supports stereo operation, letting you pass stereo effects to the IR-2s audio outputs.
The BOSS IR2 is perfect for range of applications. It's great for practice, thanks to its headphone socket on the rear of the unit, also audio playback from a computer or mobile device is supported via USB-C, allowing you to jam with songs from your music library. It perfect for the stage - giving you a solid, reliable and consistent tone straight to the house PA (you can even toggle between two IR-2 amp/cab setups with the pedal switch or an external footswitch. And those who do studio work, the IR-2 s a great tool here - send the sound of your complete rig directly to music recording software via the USB C connection.
Take you signature sound everywhere with the BOSS IR-2 Amp & Cabinet pedal!
- Premium amp emulator and cabinet IR loader in a BOSS compact pedal
- Exceptional audio quality with 32-bit floating-point processing and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Eleven different amp types and high-quality cab IRs from Celestion Digital
- Simple user interface with Level, Gain, Bass, Middle, and Treble controls
- Ambience effect with dedicated control
- Mono input and stereo outputs
- Mono/stereo loop for patching in mod, delay, and reverb effects after the amp emulation
- Headphones jack for practice
- USB-C for recording and audio playback via a computer or mobile device*
- Switch between two amp/cab tones with the pedal switch or an external footswitch
- Dedicated IR-2 IR Loader app (macOS/Windows) for loading your own cabinet IRs
- Amp and cabinet sections can be turned on/off independently for isolated use
- BOSS five-year warranty