Korg ARP Odyssey - Duophonic Analogue Synth
As far as synthesizers go the Korg ARP Odyssey Duophonic Analogue Synth is among those of legendary status. Based on the original circuit that was made famous for its tonal variation and sharp, penetrating tone. Create your very own sound experimentation projects using oscillator sync, sample & hold, pulse width modulation, high-pass filter, two types of envelope generator, pitch bends and more!
Carefully selected and constructed using top quality components and employing valuable expertise from Korg's David Friend, the ARP Odyssey is a wonderfully authentic recreation of the vintage examples down to each and every sonic detail.
Way ahead of it's time the Odyssey utilised an advanced pitch stability algorithm along with a unique duophonic design that allowed two different pitches to sound when you played two notes. This reissue model harnesses the same magic with a variable pitch range of 20 Hz--2 kHz and a host of retro slider controls that give the player total authority over the sounds being produced.
The ARP's synthesis capabilities continue with an oscillator sync for sharp overtones that extend into the high ranges, white and pink mode noise generator options, powerful LFO for modulation or trigger source for sample/hold, a ring modulator for rich metallic sounds, three types of low-pass filter, a variety of modulation sources for the filter, a high-pass filter, drive/gain switches for extreme and aggressive sounds and ADSR/AR envelope generators.
The controls found on this synthesizer are as retro as the original with all the 1970's styling recreated with superb detail. The quirky Korg controls are all present like the Proportional Pitch Control pads, a portamento slider and transpose switch.
What has seen a change however is the connectivity options. The Korg ORP Odyssey has been modernised like never before thanks to the likes of MIDI and USB connection found on the rear as well as a choice of both 1/4 and XLR inputs being available. Marvel at the ARP's sophisticated spec with external audio input jack and a headphone jack for silent use. The extra CV, GATE, and TRIG jacks also let you send or receive analogue signals to operate the instrument or play even play legato.
- 37-note keyboard (Slim key)
- 2 voices for duophonic; normally monophonic
- Controllers - transpose positions - 2 octaves down, normal, 2 octave up
- Proportional pitch control
- White and pink noise spectrum types
- Modern recreation of a legendary classic synthesizer
- All 3 filter types from the original models
- Improved connectivity complete with USB and MIDI capability to fit into modern workflow
- Slider controls
- 86% the size of the original for excellent portability
- 1/4 inch jack headphone connection and balanced XLR output
- True analog sound engine for sound that digital synths cannot replicate
- 3 octave keyboard with compact keys