Gretsch Electromatic G5422G-12 12 String Double Cutaway Hollow Body
This latest incarnation (2016) of the Gretsch G5422G-12 12 String Electromatic Guitar delivers a guitar with standout looks, bags of classic 12-string chime and a host of upgrades.
The Gretsch Hollow Body G5422G-12 Electromatic features 12 open back vintage tuners and classic double cutaway body design constructed from 5 ply maple with oversized F Holes. A new upgrade for this iteration of the guitar comes in the form of a the 4-ply aged body binding, adding to its cosmetic charms.
The 24.6" maple neck is topped with a rosewood fingerboard that features new Pearloid 'Humpback' markers. Other upgrades for this model include the new late 50s 6120 style bound headstock and Graphtech NuBone nut.
Pickups comes in the from of a pair of Black Top Filter'Tron pickups. The R&D team at Gretsch unearthed a Baldwin-era FilterTron pickup, then incorporated the DNA of this pickup and put it into these Black Top Filter'Trons. The result is a pickup that produces superb punch and phenomenal twang, giving this G5422T Hollow Body a new voice and identity. An electronics upgrade also features, with 2 volume controls, 1 tone and a master volume with treble bleed.
- Electromatic Hollow Body
- Parallel Tone Bars Sound Post bracing
- 5-Ply Maple body material
- Gloss body finish
- Maple neck material
- "U" neck shape
- 24.6" scale length
- 12" fingerboard radius
- 22 number of frets
- Medium Jumbo frets
- Graph Tech NuBone nut
- 1.77" nut width
- Gloss neck finish
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Pearloid Hump-Blocks inlays
- Blacktop Filter'Tron bridge pickup
- Black Top Filter'Tron neck pickup
- Volume 1. (Neck), Volume 2. (Bridge), Master Volume, Master Tone
- 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- FT/FT pickup configuration
- Gold hardware
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with secured Rosewood base
- Vintage-Style Open-Back machineheads
- Right-Hand orientation
- Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo pickguard
- G-Arrow control knobs.