Fender Custom Shop 2018 Ltd Ed 1960 Roasted Heavy Relic Strat - Black / Rosewood
This Limited Edition 2018 Fender Custom Shop 1960 Roasted Heavy Relic Strat takes inspiration from classic era 60s Strats whilst being treated to some modern tweaks, perfect for the modern day player.
As its name suggest, this "Roasted" Strat utilizes a roasted alder body. The roasting process makes the wood more resonant whilst enhancing sustain and adding a pleasing aesthetic. The body is finished in black and has been treated to Fender Custom Shop's Heavy Relic treatment - producing a standout aged and worn look, like that of a guitar that has been gigged heavily over the years.
The body is married to an ultra stable quartersawn, roasted maple neck that has been carved into a comfortable 60's oval C shape. The neck is topped with a modern 12" radius, premium AAA rosewood fingerboard set with clay dot inlays and 21 jumbo frets.
Pickups come in the form of a trio of hand wound Fender Custom Shop hand-wound Ancho Poblano single coils, including a RWRP (reverse wound, reverse polarity) middle pickup to reduce hum. Thanks to its hot-rodded pickup selection and resonant tone woods, this Strat delivers a pokey yet balance tone, allowing for a truly rewarding playing experience.
Other features include a nitro Tortoiseshell pickguard, 5-way pickup switch, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree with metal spacer.
The guitar comes complete with a deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Roasted Alder body
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer body finish
- Quartersawn Roasted Maple neck
- '60s Oval "C" shape
- 25.5" scale
- 12" (305 mm) fingerboard radius
- 21 jumbo frets
- Bone nut
- 1.650" (42 mm) nut width
- 4-Bolt Special "Limited Edition" neck plate
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer neck finish
- AAA Rosewood fingerboard
- Vintage Clay Dot inlays
- Custom Shop Hand-Wound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat Single-Coil Strat pickups
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Vintage-Style tuners
- Nickel/Chrome Relic hardware
- 4-Ply Brown Shell pickguard
- Vintage White controls knobs
- Vintage White switch tips
- Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Certificate of Authenticity